Our 5 Year Health Warranty
Click Here To Print This Page
The purchase of ANY puppy is subject to the following terms and conditions.
All puppies sold by Shorkie World / Home Raised Babies will come with current shots and deworming. By signing this warrantee you agree to the following. No puppy will be replaced that fails to have the proper veterinary care. We will need ALL medical records since the puppy was sent home at the time this warranty is used. This is including all shot records, copy of spay or nurturing . The puppy must be kept on and up to date on fleas, ticks medicine and heart worm preventive from the time you get her/him until she/he is at least 5 years old. For this warranty to be honored. At this time we recommend Advantage Multi. That is what we put on the babies before they go home.
All puppies must be examined by a licensed veterinarian within 48 hours of purchasing the puppy or your puppy arriving home. If the puppy is purchased on a holiday or on the weekend, then the puppy must be taken to a licensed veterinarian on the following working day for examination. If your regular veterinarian is not available, you are required to take the puppy to another veterinarian. A copy of the Shorkie World puppy exam report (NOT THE BILL) must be mailed/faxed to us within 1 week of purchase/arrival date for any warrantee to be valid.
You are responsible to make sure you check to see if we got your report. I recommend that you fax or send the report by US postal service 1st class certified mail so we have to sign for it and you know we received it. Warranty starts at the date of actual purchase.
With this limited warranty we cover the following conditions ONLY Nothing else.
We cover genetic HEART, KIDNEY AND LIVER Failure for 5 years .
We cover genetic Démodé tic mange for the life of your baby...I have been breeding Since 1995 and have never had any issues with this but we want your baby to be covered just in case..
We also cover ALL CANCER issues for 3 years at no additional charge.
If at any time during your puppies life you are unable to keep him/her you will need to contact us and we will be more then happy to take the puppy back no questions asked, or we will help you find a new home for them what ever one you would like to do. We NEVER want one of our babies to end up in a shelter or pound.
If you have any of the above issues we will need a copy of all test results and a letter from two licensed Vets agreeing on the diagnosis and that it will prevent the animal from living a normal life as a companion pet. This will need to be sent to our PO Box address. No other condition is covered in this contract.
If your puppy develops one of the above conditions that dates back to the fetal stage and this condition would severely impact the quality of life or shorten the life by euthanasia; you will receive a replacement puppy. If the puppy is put down we will need to be notified before this is done. We might need to have an autopsy done on the puppy. The buyer may do this at their vets office or The buyer may send the puppy to our vet to have this done. The buyer will be responsible for the shipping of the original puppy here for the autopsy. The buyer will have to pay all shipping charges on their new puppy.
1. The breeder guarantees a companion pet, but does not guarantee adult size, color, and temperament. Nor does breeder guarantee fitness for breeding.
2. Any and ALL hernias: Any and All Hernia's do not warrant replacement puppy as it is not life threatening and in no way interferes with quality of life of the puppy. If the vet feel the puppy will do ok we will have a hernia fixed before he/she goes home but if the baby is small you will need to have it repaired when he/she gets fixed.
3. All puppies sold as pets only as defined in this contract. That you are purchasing a companion pet and does not guarantee size, color or temperament, Nor guarantee fitness for breeding.
4. This contract supersedes any and all previous agreements.
5. We accept US POSTAL MONEY ORDERS sent certified mail or over night to our address. Po Box address. This agreement must be attached fully completed and signed or I cannot accept your payment.
6. IMPORTANT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU READ! The buyer agrees to have the puppy paid for in full plus shipping if applicable before the puppy turns 6 weeks old. Changing your mind or any personal situations that may arise causing you not to be able to fulfill the contract forfeits any and all monies paid on this agreed upon puppy. Sometimes we can take deposits and put them toward a future litter. This will be up to the breeder.... No refunds will be provided for any reason. So please make sure this is the puppy you want before you send a payment or deposit. NO PUPPIES EVER LEAVE UNTIL THEY ARE PAID FOR IN FULL.
7. In the event a puppy should be deemed to not be healthy or not fit for placement while still in the care of the breeder, then a full refund will be provided immediately or if the buyer should choose, has the option of choosing another puppy if available or rolling any monies paid on to any upcoming litters.
8. SHIPPING. Important please read. Once the puppy is taken to the airport and leaves the ground, we are no longer responsible. If for some very rare reason you have a problem please contact your airlines. (I have never had a problem as of yet) . We ship American Airlines. In the event another airline other than American Airlines has to be used "ANY AND ALL EXTRA CHARGES" will be the responsibility of the buyer not the breeder
Toy Breed Addendum:
As you know you have just purchased one of the smallest of the small. They are just like premature babies. They need constant, love and care. By your signature below you are aware and accept all the terms and conditions herein set forth. Moreover this addendum will help the buyer to better care for their newly purchased companion.
1. The buyer understands that the puppy being purchased is an extremely small. Furthermore, the buyer understand additional care will needed to insure the heath and well being of the puppy. With out the proper care this breed can suffer from Hypoglycemia, dehydration etc.
Make sure the puppy has food and water ALL the time close to him/her.
Nutrical/Nutrastat: Its a tube that looks like toothpaste. Give 3 times a day after meals, or in between meals. Finger nail portion only (Squirt on a inch)
(This is just for extra calories please do not give to much).
PLEASE make sure that the puppy gets rest. Don't let him/her play too long for the first three weeks at least. Let them play for 15 minutes and then have them take a nap. Minimize their activity level so their blood sugar level do not drop. Leave them along so they can eat. If puppy ever looks lethargic, give 3 teaspoonfuls of karo syrup and call your vet immediately. Then call me.
2.Home Raised Babies recommends that the buyer DOES NOT depart from this routine for at least 3 weeks form purchase.
3. Puppies are easily stressed by excessive holding. Buyer should limit holding the puppy to 15 minutes per hour.
4. In the event of death to the puppy, due to dehydration, starvation, malnutrition, or any other conditions related to the stress from flight, change of environment, transitional issues, ect nature of the puppy, buyer agrees that no refund or purchase price or exchange of puppy will be forthcoming. Additionally, buyer agrees to hold Home Raised Babies harmless for such. You should have the following in your home at all times in case of an emergency.
3. Chicken or Turkey and Rice Baby Food
4. Syringe-12cc (NO NEEDLE)
5. Karo Syrup
Because all canine illness' are NOT covered by vaccinations we require that all Shorkie World be kept on “NuVet Plus Canine.” This nutritional supplement is only available through breeder recommendation. You are expected to have this on hand before your puppy gets home. The order line phone number is: 1-800-474-7044. Your order code is # 44856. The order line hours are 8am-6pm Pacific time. Nu Vet Labs sends us a monthly report on which puppies from Home Raised Babies are being supplemented with NuVet Plus Canine.
Pet owner's name: _____________________________________
City: __________________ State: _______________ Zip: ______
Phone: ______________ E-mail: ____________________________
Purchase date: ______________________
Close's Air Port For Shipping: ____________________________________
Breed purchased: Shorkie
Date of birth: _____________ Sex: ___________ Color:__________
Puppy's Sire: ______________________
Puppy's Dam: ______________________
Exceptions to guarantee on this puppy, if any:
I agree to the above warrantee.
Signed: ______________________________ Date: __________
Click Here To Print This Page